The Secretariat supports the CAFI Executive Board and facilitates the overall operations of the CAFI Fund. The United Nations Developemt Programme (UNDP) hosts the CAFI Secretariat with a small number of staff from UNDP’s Climate and Forests Team.
Key responsibilities of the Secretariat include:
- Support the development and submission of National Investment Frameworks (NIFs), facilitating dialogues between partner countries and the CAFI Executive Board
- Support strategic dialogue between partner countries, implementing organisations and the CAFI Executive Board, including the development of Letters of Intent
- Support monitoring and evaluation (M&E) efforts, including progress reports and financial reporting
- Prepare and organize Executive Board meetings
- Manage knowledge and support South-South cooperation and exchanges through coordinated efforts with the CAFI Executive Board, partner countries and other relevant stakeholders.
The Secretariat is based in Geneva, Switzerland and may be contacted here